As Easter approaches we’ll all be guarding our chocolate eggs very closely to prevent the dog eating it… however, some dogs are ultra clever and manage to succeed in their very own doggie Easter hunt! It’s not only Easter time or chocolate that we have to worry about with our pets though; many animals will seek out items in handbags, sift through the rubbish bin or dive on something an owner drops and catch it before it even hits the floor!
If your pet eats something, or even if you suspect your pet has eaten something, call the Animal Poison Line on 01202 509000 – they will tell you if you can sit back and relax or if you should call the vet.
It happens to many of us so please don’t feel embarrassed, we’ve seen lost of scenarios during our time as vets and nurses, many of us have been in the same situation with our own pets too. But we urge you to seek advice quickly, within two hours of eating the potential poison, even if you only suspect a poison has been eaten – the sooner we treat your pet the greater their chances of recovery.
If you would like further advice about the Animal Poison Line please call us on 01308 862312